The Rizarios Handicraft School of Monodendri was established in 1979 with the purpose of educational, cultural and social development of the region of Zagoria, birthplace of great National Benefactors Manthou and George Rizari.
The aim of the School is the preservation of traditional arts, which now tend to disappear. However, at the same time, seeks to give to girls of the greater area, professional training, at a time where searching for a job is very difficult. As a consequence the vision of the memorable brothers Rizari implemented daily.
Προηγουμένως στήριξαν ενεργώς την Φιλική Εταιρεία και τον αγώνα της ελληνικής επαναστάσεως με μεγάλα χρηματικά ποσά κατά την περίοδο 1814-1824. Ο Μάνθος Ριζάρης μάλιστα υπήρξε από τα πρώτα μέλη της Φιλικής Εταιρείας και ήταν γνωστός στους Φιλικούς με το συνθηματικό όνομα “Πρόθυμος”.
In 1837 George Rizaris came to Athens and established his covenant, by which made the plans of the two brothers accomplished by establishing the homonymous Church School, which at the time, along with the University, the Academy and Arsakio, were the largest educational institutions of our country.
Today in Rizario Church School operates general ecclesiastical high school (A, B & C class). The School has remarkable educational staff, with a very positive contribution to the training of students. The graduates of the school have access to higher education.
The school is housed in a modern and a comfortable establishment in Halandri, in which a Boarding School is opperated. Students are provided with free meals, housing, education, and medical care. Applications for enrollment are accepted each year from June to September in secretarial services for the School.